Remote Octoprint Monitor

Hello,
I’m sure that this question has already been asked and answered but has anyone looked into adding a secure plugin that would allow users to look at printer queues remotely? It would be handy to see what’s in the queue before driving out to start a job.

1 Like

I like this idea @vanderbt. Maybe tag this idea over in the thread that’s going on for new printers and or upgrades.

There are cheap web-cams we could hook up to Octo-Print.

Last time I heard this idea years ago there were privacy concerns with web cams on the printers.

1 Like

I can check with IT as well. I believe that there are some secure plugins that will work. I don’t know whether the security is good enough. Regarding the fundraiser, I agree with Christian that we should just go out an buy a couple of Prusa printers.

Yes, this has been on the wishlist for a while. I don’t think that we would expose Octoprint directly; it would probably be a page that shows the current status of each printer, the ETA of the current print (if applicable), and maybe a recent snapshot (if we re-install cameras). Possibly some way to kill a print, but that would require authentication. Unfortunately we haven’t gotten much of a chance to work on this, and trying to keep the printers running properly has taken priority.

4 Likes

Totally understand the priority. After looking at prices, it really does look like the best option is to procure some number of Prusa printers. While it is a cool idea to make our own, it makes more sense to have a robust capability so that folks can make quickly and reliably rather than having to deal with the making equipment.

2 Likes