Reclaim?

By any chance do we have reclaim in ceramics? If not is there any idea when we might have some in? I’ve had multiple people, at a variety of times over the last 3 weeks asking me where the reclaim is. A few people brought in a guest to introduce them to the area but no reclaim and they didn’t want to spend $20 for 25 lbs of clay. I’ve offered to help in this area. I use to make clay at WSU. I just need a refresher on the pug mill. This is the 3rd or 4th time I offered to help with the pug mill. Did we stop doing reclaim? Is there a person/persons doing reclaim? If so is there some sort of schedule, agreement, something on who is doing what and when with the reclaim? Part of ceramics appeal was having reclaim so people could come in on Ceramic Tuesdays and get a feel for the space.

2 Likes

@Ceramics and I believe @Thad has offered as well and has the knowledge. What needs to happen to get this going again?

2 Likes

I spoke with Russ Mon evening. There’s no reclaim to pug at this time. B-mix is available for purchase @ $20 per bag. I don’t recommend any outside clays until they have been tested.

3 Likes

Thanks for letting me know what’s going on. I can pass that information on next time I’m asked. I like being able to give a more informed answer than a vague one, or saying “I don’t know”. Much appreciated Thad. ooooo, I would like your expertise help/advice on making a mold out of 3 heavy duty ceramic mixing bowls I have.

2 Likes