Raspberry pi

Theres a raspberry pi in the fadlab that doesn’t look like its being used, i was wondering if i could have it.

:rofl: I’m betting that is a no.

4 Likes

That one runs the black cnc if I’m not mistaken.

···

On Fri, Oct 14, 2022, 21:15 JB via MakeICT Forum <noreply@talk.makeict.org> wrote:

| JeremiahB
October 15 |

• | - |

:rofl:I’m betting that is a no.

Visit Topic or reply to this email to respond.

To unsubscribe from these emails, click here.

1 Like

James is correct, that is used for running the mill to which it is attached.

2 Likes

Thanks for letting me know. Do you think there are any unused raspberry pi’s anywhere I could have? Im planning to build a raspberry pi cluster but when it comes to the raspberry pi’s its out of my budget.

1 Like

Do you need a specific model? I’m pretty sure I have an old rPi 2B sitting in a drawer somewhere you can have

1 Like

Nope, not at the makerspace, unfortunately. Due to ongoing chip shortages it is currently difficult to buy them at a reasonable price, so all of the spares that I’m aware of have been put to use.

1 Like

That one runs the black mill. It’s actually mine (on loan with the mill), and I think I now realize where my other Pi 1 was when I was inventorying the few pis I’ve gotten over time.

Any particular reason you want a Pi specific cluster? (Like a specific project/design you are following using Pis?)

If you want to experiment with clustering specifically on most computers since about 2010 it can be done in Virtual Machines fairly easily, or in multiple older machines. Talk to me next time you see me if you want some advice on some of that, and maybe something that will work for you.

1 Like

I dont need a specific model and a 2 sounds perfect

2 Likes

I dont need any specific models, im making a cluster because ive wanted to experiment with servers but ive never had the space to build an actual server, but after doing research on raspberry pi’s and other sbc’s, I got the idea to build a cluster.

2 Likes

This is my son. I’ve told him anything he takes from the space he must have permission to take. I figured getting him set up on the forum was also the best way to get his questions answered as most of them are out of my realm.

3 Likes