Random picture thread

6 Likes

What an interesting picture Jesse. At first it really kind of fools the eye till you look at it long enough and realize what it is. It’s fun to find different perspectives to look at things like this.

1 Like

Bobwhite quail i saw yesterday, taken with Nikon P1000

7 Likes

Nice shots! What lens/settings?

1 Like

Thanks! Settings were automatic:
1/250 F5.6 ISO400

1/125 F8.0 ISO560

This camera has a huge lens built in: 24-3000mm eqivalent. It’s great for amateur wildlife photography.

5 Likes

Now that Thanksgiving is done, making pretty for Christmas! (up to a foot expected tomorrow)

10 Likes

I think I recognise that truck.

2 Likes

3d printed ratt-l-trap

8 Likes

She was made for these gravel roads! Hope you are well Roy!

1 Like

Last Picture. Two pens finished today Left is Pink Ivory from Africa and Right is Pearl Pink Acryllic. tte kit is a Breast Cancer Commeratie. I started turning these fror all the Breast Cancer Warriors iin my circle of friends.

John

8 Likes

I took this just before Sunset tonight. Think about it and the answer photo will be posted tomorrow.

John

4 Likes

Protecting plants from frost also cool sunset image on can kinna looks like a moon

2 Likes

Sauteed some shrimp in lime juice, minced cilantro and garlic. Then tossed in some tomatoes, white onion and avocado. Finished with a few dashes of Tajin.

6 Likes

5 Likes

This is what was under the barrel. (Like the Trash Cans on wheels in the halls) Not a sunset picture though. The temp was 34° F when I put that on. The low expected was in the lower 20s. That is a heat lamp. The barrel keeps the wind out. Still need some heat.

This is a Re-blooming Iris. It blooms in the Spring and also in the fall. Meet “Waves of Grain” registered hybrid in 1994. It is a regular rebloomer in my garden. My other rebloomer did not re-bloom this year. It did last year. I think the late freeze and then the extended heat set it back. It is a great Red. “Lest We Forget”, was developed at the Iris4You Gardens in Denver.

I am hoping to get the remaining 5 buds to bloom on Waves of Grain. As of this morning, I have dead heade 14 blooms as they faded. 3 Blooms and 5 remaining buds. Last night and tonight, no barrel or lamp needed.

John

7 Likes

2 Likes

3 Likes

Bougainvillea
I love this addition to our potted plants

3 Likes