Random Inspiration Creations

Figure I’d start this since more then one person has probably experienced random bouts of inspiration during tedious projects.

For my submission:: The Oopsie Award

Someone seriously arc welded our jumper cart at work. Being the “electronics guy” meant i had to repair it. Again. No one knows who killed the cart.

So during the repair I’m thinking… we should have a traveling award for when people mess up.

I present to you…
The Oopsie

Is it impressive? No. Did it take a lot of time? Ha, couple of minutes. Did it bring joy to a shop of mechanics that roast each other daily. Oh you better believe it.

9 Likes

The guys who do NC at Cessna had a broken Mill bit that was an award for breaking a bit.

4 Likes

I’ve got a drawer full of fried electronics that prove I’ve earned this award many times. :rofl:

Though I will say, if the accepted practice is to clip those leads in the position shown in the picture that does seem pretty risky. Could use a bit of a physical separator (or rubber grips on the handles) to reduce risk of shorts.

4 Likes

It’s risky if you put the clamps close together on the rubber “holder”. The cart is older then me and most mechanics have tickled the handle once or twice, but it definitely became an issue this time.

Hopefully that keeps it from happening again.

4 Likes

This is hilarious.

1 Like

I tend to buy a few of a thing so that I can take one and blow it up so that I know how it reacts under duress.

And because I get some degree of enjoyment from wantonly blowing things up.

Besides how do you know how far you can push it, if you don’t push it that far. Same goes for myself. I don’t believe I can’t do something, I believe I don’t have a successful process for doing something, because I haven’t failed in all possible ways .

Though I’m getting close with teleportation

4 Likes