Raku Firing

Is there any community interest in raku firing? It is not something I have ever done but it is something I want to do. Is there anyone else who would be interested in giving it a shot this summer? Or anyone who has done it before and is familiar with the process?

6 Likes

I believe there was talk of this the other day in ceramics, there is a member who does it at their house once a year. Ill let @GCaine comment on it more but i believe there is interest and it does happen

2 Likes

Excellent. I’d definitely want more info on this!

2 Likes

Hi Ollie
We will for sure be doing another Raku firing. I do not have the date as of yet but I will gladly keep you posted.
Also… we do have near 50# of Raku clay for you to use for your pieces if you are interested.
Thanks so much for the question

3 Likes

I’m very interested. I did a lot of Raku about 25+ years ago I had a lot of items that I still enjoy using and displaying. Because it was so long ago, I don’t remember the details of how to do it. I do remember some items cracked and split. We used stoneware for the Raku but had special Raku glazes.

3 Likes

CRAIG!!!
Thanks for posting… I’m super happy you are interested. I will keep everyone posted on time, date and location!
I’m glad you will be pitching in :+1:t4::blush:

2 Likes