Quilting class

@NicoleR I was just looking at your Quilting for Beginners class and was wondering if this would be doable for someone who has very little sewing experience? I just started learning to use a sewing machine from Malissa a few weeks ago, so little experience with that, but I have done a few things with a sewing machine. Just not very good at it yet.

1 Like

Yes this class will be perfect for you then. The only thing we will be doing with the sewing machine is sewing straight seams.

2 Likes

I don’t teach sewing straight seams or seam allowance in my Know your sewing machine class. They make a crazy stitch bag and get comfortable with stitch width, stitch length, and how to hold the fabric to allow the machine to feed it. In my Learn to Sew class they learn about being consistent with their seams so things match up. I don’t teach cutting skills until my 3rd unit which is Make a Travel reading pillow, that class has only made three times in the past 6 years. I will probably need to make FB events for you, about 80% or more of my students are nonmembers.

1 Like

Thank you Malissa! I would love a Facebook event for this class.

2 Likes

Thank you @NicoleR I just signed up for your class. I guess we’ll see how it goes. :grin: Quilting is one of the reasons I have been wanting to learn to sew. I see so many awesome quilts on tv shows and on YT and things like that. Plus I saw a lot of quilts when I was a kid that a Great Aunt made and I always admired them. Looking forward to your class.

2 Likes

It will go great. I’m going step by step through the whole process.

2 Likes

I’m super interested in attending a sewing machine class here soon! I’ve been wanting to learn how to quilt. When will be your next class as I don’t see one on the calendar yet?

1 Like

I’m probably going to do some Spring Break Classes. My schedule has been really busy with my day job and my other volunteer work. Hope it slows down because I love to teach.

3 Likes

If you know the basics around a sewing machine. I have a quilting class this Saturday February 25th. That goes through the whole quilting process on a domestic sewing machine. We will not be using the long arm during this class.

3 Likes

I did see that and I’m so bummed I can’t make that time for the class but I also dont know anything about sewing :cry: once I learn how to sew/basics about the sewing machine, I’ll take your quilting class :)))

2 Likes