Quilt patterns and kit

I was here covering Maker Monday and brought in a couple of cute patterns and a kit that I don’t know where to stash. I left them on the table with the bobbin winder.

4 Likes

If you all want to have a meeting for future planning for Textiles let me know what’s best and I can try to be there and put it on the calendar. I didn’t schedule a Textiles Time for this month but plan on putting it back on the calendar next month.

3 Likes

That would be great. I can do weekends, Tuesdays, or Thursday evenings. Ms. June usually just had a drop in day on Mondays if I am remembering correctly. People could just pop in and chill for awhile with her, kinda like we did on Sunday.

2 Likes

Hopefully a few people will throw out a time that works so several of us can come up with a plan together. Dallas Makerspace runs their areas by committee and when the committee policy was first put together it was in hopes we’d follow suit, but COVID happened. Now that that is behind us hopefully we can find ways to create a committee to run the areas and share the work. I’m happy to help make that happen.

1 Like

My schedule is pretty unsettled right now, but I can usually free up time in the evenings.

2 Likes

I am a new member, but plan to spend some time in textiles. I can be pretty free except for Monday evenings and weekends.

4 Likes

Did we come up with a date and time for a meeting? I’ve been offered a couple of machines for the space but want to run them by a few people. A Janome serger which I said yes to and is free. There’s also a Pfaff embroidery machine she might give us but I don’t know how old it is.

1 Like

I dont think we have yet. Scanning post replies evenings seem to work for everyone and the choice of day is weekends, Tuesday or Thursday. I am going to suggest Thursdays @ 6pm - 8pm. Is it possible to post this up and see what everyone thinks?

2 Likes

Ok I will put it on the Calendar 6-8 Thursday July 27th. I will try to be there at 6 but will have to leave at 630 for another board meeting.

1 Like

Crap! I forgot about the board meeting tonight! I fell asleep. Havent been sleeping well with my son still being in the hospital.

2 Likes

Malissa, can you try another day? The 27th has a very large meeting to conference several committees that I cant miss and I would like at least a chance to be able to attend the textiles meeting. I’d like to talk yarn and crochet for textiles. If you cant change it, I understand. But if it isnt too late, Tuesdays and weekends are great.

2 Likes

I haven’t put it on the calendar yet. If you have another time let me know.

1 Like

Really, just any Tuesday works the best according to this thread. The 25th is soon or we could push out a bit and aim for the 1st if next week is too soon.

2 Likes

Lets do Tuesdays, starting on the 25th from 6 - 8. Does this work for everyone?

3 Likes

I put it on Tuesday and added an online option. As I can’t be at the space physically that evening. Maybe @Jhuie can pop online and say hi, but we understand if that can’t happen. Someone will need to join the meeting so I can assist from afar. Do you want or need an agenda? I can whip one together.

1 Like

Nah, lets keep it free flowing. Who do we give a supply list to though if we come up with one?

1 Like

@NicoleR or @Finance should be able to assist with purchases or reimbursement. Please let us know what we need to do if textiles needs anything. The meeting link is on the calendar event.

1 Like

If you come up with a list of needs for the textiles room please send the list my way with the approximate cost. Once the expense is approved, I can reimburse whomever for the supplies. :blush: thank you for assisting the textile room

2 Likes

If all goes well with the hubby tomorrow, I might be able to swing by since we are out on rock road anyway. It would be good to see everybody and get caught up.

5 Likes

I have committee meetings at 7 and 8 3 plus hours of online time is too much for me to handle. I’m going to skip but if you need any help or direction from me let me know.

2 Likes