Quick Connect Electrical Connectors

Hello!

I am looking for some connectors like this that I can put on some tool changers. One side has pins to make contact with fixed terminals on the other side. This is so two pieces of equipment can make contact with each other and exchange signals or power.

My experience with these (and the type of application I want them for now) is on a robotic tool changer. The robot will have a master and several tools. These connectors allow the robot to power different end effectors.

Does anyone know of a source for these kind of connectors? The only one I know of is really expensive. But they are taking the small connectors and applying them to their tool changers.

A15_lowres

1 Like

I’ve bought stuff like that on Amazon and Ebay before. It takes a little searching to find the right keywords that will hit on what you’re looking for. Do you have a part number you’re needing to buy in order to match an existing connector, or are you doing the wiring yourself on both sides? If it’s the latter, that opens up your options considerably.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07FS4H524/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o09_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

I bought these D-sub connectors for work, and they are dead easy to use, although a bit bulky. That link takes you the 15 pin option. On the same listing, they also have 9 and 37 pin options available.

1 Like

Actually the connector hes looking at has spring loaded contacts which intrigues me. I was actually massively sidetracked earlier today by a pcb concept using them.

1 Like

@james.a.seymour, yes they do have spring loaded pins. I still haven’t found a different supplier for them.

Could you just buy some pogo pins and make a custom connector? Or is there a specific connector you need?

That’s what I was wondering about. Those contractors look pretty big. 3d print something to house them?I would 3d print the housings and then mill the plastic for a more precise hole placement.

But you may not have time for that.

@Christian thanks…that got me to where I wanted to go.Using these with a 3D printed housing will work.

https://www.mouser.com/ProductDetail/Mill-Max/826-22-010-00-005000?qs=sGAEpiMZZMve4%2FbfQkoj%252BAE2vwEGVTkadGTLATVKIAw%3D

Mill-max is awesome I’m a huge fan of their 0552-2-15-11-27-10-0…

1 Like

I have my parts on order. Now to design the housings.

Thought I’d share. Will tweak these some as I wait for delivery of the parts. But I think I am close to a working solution. Thanks for your input guys!

1 Like

Looks nice. Glad I could point you in the right direction.

1 Like