Question for members: Drinks in break room

Hello fellow makers! I’m going to take over stocking beverages in the break room. Thank you to @SteveO for all the time he’s been taking care of that till now.
Yesterday I took inventory and it’s time to re-stock. We have plenty of Diet Coke and diet DP, and water, of course. I will continue to stock those, and Coke, DP and Sprite.
I thought I would check with you all to see if there’s any specific beverages you would like that we haven’t had in inventory.
Do you prefer the basic water or would some of you like spring water? Do any of you like a type of sparkling water? If you come to the space often and have a drink you would like me to stock, please lmk! I will do my best to accommodate everyone.
Thank you!

6 Likes

Beer lol jk

6 Likes

Gatorade or another sport drink would be a nice alternative to the colas.

7 Likes

Maybe root beer? Anybody else like it besides me? I have been bringing my own. Not a problem to keep doing it. Just a thought.

6 Likes

JK, not really though, right? :rofl::dizzy:

1 Like

I would be happy to bring root beer! Any particular kind you prefer?

3 Likes

Agreed, especially in the hot weather months! I can do it.

1 Like

A&W is my favorite but Barqs is fine too.

3 Likes

Decaffeinated? That would be nice :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Barq’s is best imo but has caffeine. A&W next then Mug

3 Likes

I miss the cream soda we used to have! Lol strawberry fantas too :two_hearts::two_hearts::two_hearts: you’re so sweet april!

3 Likes

Possibly some sugar free options?

Thank you for taking this on.

3 Likes

We are fully stocked! In addition to the norm, I picked up some Gatorade, Sparkling Ice (sugar free) and several flavors of caffeine free Shasta. The Gatorade and Sparkling Ice are $1 a bottle.
Soda is still 50 cents a can and water bottles are 25 cents.
I also picked up Ozarka Spring Water instead of purified water.
Enjoy!

11 Likes

Texas or Oklahoma?

In college, Sam Houston State, I started avoided any from the Huntsville,Texas spring as it came from directly behind the local cattle auction barn and it, the spring and collection, wasn’t in the best condition visually. The college wasn’t far away. The Ozarka they carried on campus was always from other springs. It’s been over 20 years so I don’t know if it’s improved or if they’ve discontinued using that spring.

1 Like

I believe the bottle said Texas. I would hope in the last 20 years they have made an LOT of improvements, but sadly, many things we buy and consume are questionable.
Truth be told, I don’t like bottled water and using plastic at all. If it was my decision, we would put in a reverse osmosis system like the one I have at home, and do away with bottled water at the space. I’d be willing to start a donation for this if other members are like minded.
We could have the options for members to bring in their own water bottles or to pay ceramics to make groovy personalized cups or mugs for our members they could keep at the space.
Just a couple of my thoughts on the matter. :blush:

6 Likes

Personally I favor the simple ice and water dispencer on the freezer size. Already there, tastes great, and is free.

6 Likes

Right? A simple solution to not contributing to the plastic in the landfills. And if we want to get fancy, a RO system is not that expensive! :wink:

4 Likes

Plus, the ice maker has crush mode, so you get ice chips. You can pack your cup full of those things and it keeps your water cold for hours.

5 Likes

Thank you for doing this. Looks like a great selection!

5 Likes

Wowza!!! THANKS APRIL!!! :blush::+1:t4:

3 Likes