Printing Assistance

Hi all, I have a single color print I need to get done by next week, and I realized I did not seem to pick up on the knowledge of how to set up files for screenprinting and where to go from there. I’ve got the art ready but I need to make sure my file is all good. I’ve taken a couple classes but that was either not covered in detail or I was unable to be at the class early enough. Would someone mind too terribly to direct me to information that is accurate to how we do things here or maybe be in the room with me to show me the ropes? I’m a quick learner. Thanks!

3 Likes

I thought it was on the wiki but no such luck. I also thought there were prompts in the room but it’s been a while. Is your artwork in black and white? If so print on clear Mylar or Vellum. Is that all you need to know or is there more?

[Edited spelling of material names]

1 Like

Will you be around tomorrow evening? I can help you out then.

4 Likes

Oh I didn’t know there were prompts, that helps. I was just afraid of getting there and having to go back home because my files were not set up right :sweat_smile: and I had checked the wiki cuz I was hoping to find there was more step by step info there. The names you just mentioned are unfamiliar to me as well so I guess that shows how new I am haha.

1 Like

I’m currently on the tail end of a cold so I would take you up on that if I wasn’t still feeling so sneezy, but thankfully having these done by the end of next week is a self imposed deadline! Are you free anytime during the week, by any chance?

2 Likes

I’ll be around before and after orientation on Tuesday evening if that works for you.

2 Likes

That’s the media you print your design on to expose the screen.

1 Like

Hoping nobody minds that I edited to correct the spelling of the names of the translucent materials used to print a design onto for photo transfer. There’s also PET film, as a third material.

5 Likes

Yes I think I will be in tip top shape by then, thank you!! :blush:

3 Likes

I knew it was wrong but spell check wasn’t helping. Thank you.

1 Like

Uh…so Gemma was GIANT help to me for the first half of printing (thank you!!! :revolving_hearts:) but now she’s busy and I’ve run into some snags…can anyone come help :sob: I don’t know what I’m doing wrong and I don’t wanna bug her while she is in important meetings!!!

2 Likes

I forgot about the embroidery floss. If you don’t find the yellow you need in @Textiles . Let me know and I will try to meet you at the space soon with the color I have

2 Likes