Powder coat training/authorization

Hi I’m just making this post to see if we can get another authorization going for the powder coat and maybe one for the cnc plasma. From reading the wiki i can also show proof of abilities with other items and test out of those areas? I’m scheduled to take a metalshop safety class on 4/9. I assume @rustin.atkeisson is who I’m needing?

3 Likes

I would love a class on power coating. I have a good idea how to do it but would just feel better about it if I had someone shown me.

1 Like

@ladeana is this something you can help with and find a teacher for the class? It seems like this is a hard class to get going, id be willing to teach it after taking the class and doing a few projects. I assume most of the class is safety,properly operating the equipment and cleaning up. I’ve watch a few hours of videos on youtube and have a good understanding but still need authorization to use the station.

I have a large amount of decoration i was going to donate to the garden area after i experiment with powder coating

2 Likes

John Miranda and Rustin typically do the powder coating classes. I would coordinate with them. Typically the end of the month will have fewer classes showing as most instructors that do a lot of classes will put them on the calendar at the first of the month. I bet they would be happy to have another instructor in @Metalshop

2 Likes

@2002Fatboy would you be interested in getting a class going soon? I had talked to rustin and i think his plate was full currently

2 Likes

I will get one on May"s calendar soon.

···

On Wed, Apr 26, 2023 at 12:58 PM Gregory Cain via MakeICT Forum <noreply@talk.makeict.org> wrote:

| Pinbot MakeICT Member
April 26 |

• | - |

@2002Fatboy would you be interested in getting a class going soon? I had talked to rustin and i think his plate was full currently

Visit Topic or reply to this email to respond.

To unsubscribe from these emails, click here.

2 Likes

@Pinbot The easy bake oven was down for a few weeks, so that probably played a role in why no new classes were scheduled during that time. It is back up and running now.

Also, FYI, there is a CNC plasma class scheduled for this evening.

2 Likes

I just joined that class last night. Lookimg forrward to it today

2 Likes

Id be interested in a powder coating authorization class.

2 Likes

Sorry for the wait there is now a class posted for the 25th

6 Likes

Thanks for putting on the class Rustin!

1 Like

Any chance at opening another spot for the class it’s full

1 Like

There is another in june if you havnt seen

1 Like

I did. If that’s easier I can do that. But I have been waiting and I’m like a kid on Christmas just can’t wait :grin:

1 Like

I understand completely, it was the number one reason i joined and waited almost 3mo for a class

1 Like