Powder booth condition

On Wednesday around 3:30 to 4:00 pm, I went to refurbish a part for the Windmill press that had a very deformed finish on it and because someone didn’t clean the powder coat booth, it exploded all over me. Normally I don’t mind getting dirty; but, having more powder on me than my part is a bit absurd. I hate to complain; but, if you are using the powder booth is it possible that you could better clean up the excess powder when done? There was a good 1/2 to 3/4 pound of powder in the booth when I opened it up and I and practically the entire hot shop got coated. It took about an hour of cleaning to get the shop clean enough to be presentable.

4 Likes

I wish there was a better way to get people to clean up after themselves. It’s not just metal. The woodshop suffers the same. Sorry that happened to you.

1 Like

Came in here again and found it like this. Can we please not do this?

4 Likes

What do we use normally to clean up powder in the booth? Maybe we could make some cleanup equipment easy to find and use…

1 Like

I don’t think the brush and dustpan are that hard to find as it is. I think it’s just pure laziness.

3 Likes

Leave a dustpan and handbroom IN the booth?

2 Likes