Potential "Extra Class" Amateur Radio Course

I am planning on giving an Extra Class amateur radio license course in spring. (This is the top level license and applicants must already have their “General Class” license, or at least take that test before they can test for “Extra”.)

The course should involve about 24 hours of in-class contact. I would like some input on how potential students would like this broken up, some (but certainly not all) options are:

1. 4 Saturdays - 6 hours each
  2. 3 Saturdays - 6 hours plus 2 weekday evenings - 3 hours each
  3. 2 Saturdays - 8 hours each plus the subsequent Sundays (afternoon) for about 5 hours each
  4. 2 Saturdays - 8 hours each plus 3 weekday evenings of about 3 hours each.

I’m open to suggestions. The guys who wrote the course do it all in one weekend marathon - Saturday 7AM to 7PM with a working lunch on site and Sunday 7AM to 7PM with testing the following week. To me that’s just too much of a push.

This class MAY be taught at a different facility (at roughly Douglas and Rock Road), depending on how many students other than MakeICT members are interested.

Happy Holidays!

Randy Reynard

Please respond to this topic, or drop me a note to “learnhamict@gmail.com

1 Like

I’m definitely interested, I realize I always say that so I’m not going to vote on the timing at all. I don’t want to risk having the schedule bend to my preference and then I bail again!

1 Like

I’d be interested in helping with this if you need it.

1 Like