Possible Grant Opportunities

Have we looked at National Endowment for the Humanities?

2 Likes

@kthutch, Do you know? I’m not aware of that myself.

I don’t know if any of these help but here are several Grant Opportunities. The 1st is a Google Grant of 10,000 to be used for advertising Makeict and our events. If we are eligible then I thought it might be money used to generate more memberships and awareness of what we do
1sthttps://nonprofitdigitalpartners.com/?gclid=EAIaIQobChMI8JO0w4Dq5AIVg4TICh2rZwL5EAAYASAAEgJvpPD_BwE

2nd; I was thinking sense we are a creative bunch that we can show Coke how we recyle stuff and turn it into art. Example: we use plastics and break them down to reuse. Maybe taking pop cans we have recycled and building solar panels. How to Get Donations From Coca-Cola
Make sure your nonprofit’s programs fall under one of the areas Coca-Cola awards grants to: programs that promote clean drinking water, healthy and active lifestyles, community recycling, and education.
3rd: this one might be good for all the CAD and other computer stuff. Maybe offer a few free classes to teach people something like 3-D Printer Repair and other things so we can meet the requirements of Microsoft and get free software .Microsoft offers support to certain types of organizations, including nonprofit organizations, in the form of software and product donations. If you have a nonprofit organization that could benefit from Microsoft’s support, there is a process you need to follow for applying for donations. Make sure your organization is eligible for support from Microsoft, then submit an application and proposal for the type of donation your organization needs.

Make sure your organization is eligible to receive donations from Microsoft. Your organization must hold charitable status, such as 501©(3) status, and must be a not-for-profit organization.

Create your proposal to submit. Your proposal should detail the type of organization you have, the populations you serve and what services you offer. You should explain what type of assistance you want from Microsoft–typically donations of software and products–and how you plan to use the donations. Include as much information as possible about how Microsoft’s contribution will help your organization serve your community.

Visit http://www.techsoup-global.org/ to register your organization, submit your proposal and complete the application. Click on your country on the map.

Click the “Register for Product Donations” button in the top right corner to register your organization and request a donation. Be prepared to enter information that proves your organization has charitable status.
Write a detailed grant proposal, with all information about your program, how much money you want donated, how many people will be working with the program, and what area the program serves.

Download and fill out the application, available on the Coca-Cola website.

Mail the grant proposal and completed grant application, along with any other related documents, to the following address: The Coca-Cola Company, Grants Administration, 1 Coca-Cola Plaza, Atlanta, Georgia, 30313.

Target – Target offers arts grants, social services grants, public safety grants, and educational grants. Some of these grants are only offered to nonprofits in the seven-county Minneapolis/St. Paul, Minnesota area. Target grants can be used for general operations.

Neiman Marcus – By next year, Neiman Marcus will contribute 70% of its charitable donations to nonprofits that focus on youth art education. The other 30% goes toward other nonprofit programs and services.

Macy’s – Macy’s and Bloomingdale’s focus their giving on their core focus areas: arts and culture, education, HIV/AIDS awareness and prevention, and women’s issues (including health and domestic violence). Last year, they donated $27 million to over 5,000 nonprofits.

Frontier Airlines – Nonprofits that want to ask for charitable donations from Frontier Airlines must submit a request a least 6 weeks in advance. Churches, labor groups, political organizations, schools, and sports teams are not eligible to apply for a grant.

Environmental sustainability grants, we could maybe see if we can’t get grants and build a 3-D printer that builds cob houses. Maybe use the grant money to buy some land and build small houses for low income people and seniors. Create a “Village” community where people of all ages and ethnicity live and work together on a sustainable life style revolving around recycling and volunteerism where each persons donates their time and effort into homeschooling, gardening etc etc. Samsung – Samsung’s three focus areas of philanthropy are education, healthcare, and environmental sustainability. They also offer several local grants and scholarships to support nonprofits that deal with science and technology.

2 Likes

Michelle, thank you. We’ll have to dig into these. If you’d like to join us, the help is appreciated.

2 Likes

Exactly what do you guys do? I know you are in charge of grants and scholar ships but beyond that I am clueless. When is your next meeting? If it doesn’t conflict with my new job then I would love to come see what you guys are about.

1 Like

We meet the 2nd Thursday of every month. We research and select grants to apply for. We also are working on a survey and getting the documents we need to apply for larger grants.

PLEASE remind me as OFTEN as possible about the 2nd Thursday until it arrives so it will solidify inside my brain. I would like to come and sit in on some meetings to see and understand exactly what it is you do and all that. I think fundraising would be something I might be good at in one way or another.

1 Like

If you can pm me your email address I can send you an invitation from google calendar and you can set up alerts or email reminders.

1 Like

that would be helpful.