Plotter

I need to use the plotter but I’m unsure how wide it is? It’s not listed on the wiki.
I think 24" but could be wrong what I need to print is formatted for 36" wide.
https://wiki.makeict.org/wiki/Plotter

From HP’s support page:

Sheet paper

The 1050c accommodates all standard and odd paper sizes. The width ranges from 210 mm to 917 mm (8.3 to 36.1 inches). The maximum sheet length is 1600 mm (63 inches).

Media types

• HP bright white Inkjet paper

• HP translucent bond

• HP Vellum

• HP natural tracing paper

• HP clear film

• HP matte film

• HP heavyweight coated paper

1 Like

I don’t know what condition the ink for the plotter is in. That may be worth checking out.

1 Like

@jameslancaster or @james.a.seymour has either of the printers been used recently? If I want to print apparel patterns should I buy the appropriate CAD paper?

That brings us to a question: Since we have names for our laptops, names for our lasers, and names for our letterpress and cutter…do we have a name for the plotter? If not, I’d like to suggest…

I don’t think Hairy Plotter has been used in quite awhile. I had just mentioned the other day I was wanting to use it to print out a pattern for a garment. There is a group restoring an airplane that wanted to print schematics on it as well.

I’d do a test print. @James Lancaster , is there a way we can change the network name to ‘Hairy Plotter’ please? The fewer official sounding names for things we have the more fun the space is.

1 Like

The printers do not have a name at all, and are not on the network technically. You set them up on your machine by the ip. See Malissa’s post for the link to the instructions on the wiki.

I did a test print late last year, and the printer works fine … the other printer works fine as well, though it has been a while since that one was tested. Neither have good ink at this point because they go bad so quick when not being used.

I think we do have new cartridges, and we can install them, but then we would need to put that on a schedule to make sure that they get a small test print regularly to keep them from drying out.

2 Likes