Planted bok choy today

Hi guys, this morning I planted bok choy in communal bed. Put most of it under the cold frame even though it probably does not need it. I put it there just in case. Planted some chinese cabbage as well. The cold frame is moveable, i am checking weather daily.

7 Likes

Awesome job Jesse. That will be interesting to see how the two sides compare as they grow. A couple years ago I grew some bok choy as an autumn crop. It was doing well under the row cover till some critter got under there and destroyed all of it.

1 Like

Yes hopefully we beat the warm weather bugs and the rabbits dont find it lol

3 Likes

Maybe someone can build a guardian robo-scarecrow to wander around in the garden area and chase critters away from the beds and zap the bad bugs. It HAS to be smart enough to know which critters and bugs are not going to harm the plants. LOL Don’t want to be harming the good guys…or any humans. :smile:

1 Like

Maybe we could put our heads together with someone that is knowledgeable to help make a DIY version of this or something similar?

[Orbit 62100 Yard Enforcer Motion-Activated Sprinkler with Day & Night Detection Modes,Black Amazon.com](Orbit 62100 Yard Enforcer Motion-Activated Sprinkler with Day & Night Detection Modes,Black Amazon.com)

2 Likes

Use the parts from the robot eye and add a electronic on off valve. These can be effective. Much better than old propane sound cannons.

1 Like

All terrain Roomba with weedeater blades

1 Like