Planning Meeting With Sedgwick County Extension

All,

I just confirmed a meeting with members of the Sedgwick County extension office this Sunday at 10AM (when our bimonthly Garden Committee meeting occurs). This will be a great opportunity to talk with very experienced gardeners who’ve helped community garden efforts all around Wichita. Please bring your ideas and inspirations and, as always, keep an open mind about what the future may hold. All are welcome!!!

I’ll bring some snacks and refreshments. Let’s go ahead and plan on meeting in one of the classrooms with computer access. I’ll also bring a laptop to take notes.

@squarenuts @Sherry @ScottS @Noahjwc @SarahDenton

4 Likes

I’ll be out of town this Sunday for a falconry event. I wish I could attend as this sounds wonderful.

I’ll be working but please keep me posted! Or pretty please (and thank you) take notes for fall crop information!

Hmmm. Maybe I’ll reschedule if most everyone will be out of pocket. I will let you ya’ll know.

2 Likes

I am sorry, Sunday I will be down at the Pride parade.

Looks like a rescheduling is in order

Should we do an availability survey? October is a busy month but this is a great idea

2 Likes

Let’s just start throwing out some times. I think they’re pretty flexible. What about some night next week? Around 6pm?

1 Like

Next week is pretty busy for me, I have mtgs 3 nights already. Friday night at 6 or later would work pretty much any week including next week though.

@Noahjwc are you more free Sunday afternoons?

I am out of town Oct 22-23.

Late afternoons, but don’t wait on me. I’m a little goal oriented right now and working a lot. :sweat_smile:

1 Like

Friday at 6 works

I’ve got company in town starting Friday. What about the following Friday?

I’n free that Friday. @squarenuts will you be busy with Ren Faire prep?

@Sherry @SeanSandefur
I’m good for Friday Oct 7th.
If I’m burning too much midnight oil it ought actually be good to get pulled away from ren-fair prep!

2 Likes

Sweet! Even if it’s just us three, I feel good about getting a lot done. I’ll contact them. Thanks.

3 Likes

We’re on for Friday, Oct 7th at 6PM!

I’ll bring some snacks (like hummus and cheese tray or something) to snack on and we can bring some sodas in from the fridge.

Just FYI if you can make it:
@ScottS @Noahjwc @SarahDenton

4 Likes

Hello @SeanSandefur !

I’m a new, soon to be member, and would like to join tonight’s meeting, if possible. I have been to a Maker Monday, but still need to attend a class. I assume this won’t count towards that? Either way, I would still like to attend.

Thanks,

Bill Dickey

We’d love to have you, Bill. See you tonight.

···

Sean Sandefur
(314) 537-1510

Sounds good. Thanks, Sean

Hi All,

One of the big takeaways from our meeting was utilizing fall/winter cover crops to help with soil depletion and other issues. I’m going to ask Finance whether we have any budget remaining and I’m going to buy some bulk cover crop seeds. Something like this:

1 Like