Pausing Wichita Board Game Group Saturday Game Nights

Due to low turnout, the Wichita Board Game Group is pausing our Saturday Game Nights that we host here at MakeICT until September 9th.

Original message in our Discord server:

Link to the Wichita Board Game Group Discord: Wichita Board Games Group

7 Likes

Thanks for the info. Do we want to take it off our calendar … or are there enough MakeICT folks interested to keep it on the calendar?

3 Likes

I’d say let’s go back to monthly… but by the time we do that we might as well just wait until after labor day!

1 Like

Weekly was going really well pre-summer. We often had 10+ people, a mix of MakeICT and non-MakeICT. I think a lot of people are busy in the summer but I think it would be nice to keep the weekly meet ups when we get back into the groove of it (Assuming we get enough people per week)!

9 Likes

@JenCabala tagging you since you were interested in Game Night.

2 Likes

Who do we speak with about updating the makeict.org Events Calendar? Game Night is currently still posted.

1 Like

That is me… we are discussing if we want to keep it on the calendar for our internal folks…

1 Like

@ladeana , I believe that this game night is hosted by an independent organization with which MakeICT has had a very positive relationship. If they want it off then it would be 100% our obligation to follow their wishes. There are other game nights hosted by members for members.

At the very least, the event should be changed to reflect that it is not hosted by The Wichita Board Game Group.

4 Likes

No the member game nights got cancelled. This is why I am asking the question…

···

On Fri, Aug 4, 2023 at 11:22 AM Aaron Rivers via MakeICT Forum <noreply@talk.makeict.org> wrote:

| squarenuts Regular
August 4 |

• | - |

@ladeana , I believe that this game night is hosted by an independent organization with which MakeICT has had a very positive relationship. If they want it off then it would be 100% our obligation to follow their wishes. There are other game nights hosted by members for members.

At the very least, the event should be changed to reflect that it is not hosted by The Wichita Board Game Group.

Visit Topic or reply to this email to respond.

To unsubscribe from these emails, click here.

1 Like

And I can remove the Wichita Game group hosting for sure… we can even do a different night… but cancelling completely would leave us without a game night…

···

On Fri, Aug 4, 2023 at 11:47 AM LaDeana Dockery <ladeana@makeict.org> wrote:

No the member game nights got cancelled. This is why I am asking the question…

On Fri, Aug 4, 2023 at 11:22 AM Aaron Rivers via MakeICT Forum <noreply@talk.makeict.org> wrote:

| squarenuts Regular
August 4 |

• | - |

Visit Topic or reply to this email to respond.

To unsubscribe from these emails, click here.

3 Likes