Pausing and Resuming a Print

Hello!

I’m trying to capture some machine screw nuts in a print. I have followed this guide to insert a pause into the gcode in prusa slicer:

It works great up to the pause, and at the pause the head moves out of the way so I can insert the nuts into their spots.

However it is the resuming of the print that I am having trouble with. I have tried twice now, once where I resume on octoprimt, and once where I resume on the actual printer. Both times, the head starts moving around again, but the filiment does not deposite, and I can see on the info screen that the head heat is off and slowly cooling.

I’m not sure what gcode I need to add, or if I need a different pause/resume procedure. All help is appreciated.

Thanks

Brad

It should automatically re-heat if you use the M601 pause, but there may be a conflict with Octoprint. As a workaround you should be able to manually set the temp via Octoprint before you resume. I can take a look at it tonight.

1 Like

I’ll try manual temp control on octoprint this afternoon. I’ll let you know how it goes.

Brad

Oh I’ve done this!

I was making scale mail and stopped the printer to insert tooling.

I 100% heated the nozzle back up before restarting, if memory serves I didnt have it move out of the way. I moved it out of the way and put it back where it was. I THINK that is what worked…

Now I’m gonna have to try this again

Ok, an M601 pause, then a manual temp re-set on octoprint, then resume on octoprint worked.

Thanks!

Brad

2 Likes

I’ve updated the pause and resume gcode scripts in Octoprint to add M601 and M602 respectively. Pause and resume should now work as expected. Not sure why this affects resuming from the control panel, but I replicated the issue on my printer at home and these changes fixed it.

3 Likes