Parts, some, all of Ultibots-ish Kossel

I have a Kossel delta printer I’d like to sell in part or in whole.

It started with this printer from a ~7yo build: Resurrecting a Delta 3D Printer - hit jim dot com
and ended with this…

The key parts I want to sell are the mechanical structure and motion pieces, in the event that someone loves classic deltas or just never got around to trying one:

• Aluminum corners for top and bottom, with all mechanical motion components.
  • Aluminum motion parts: carriages, vslot trucks, and hotend effector.
  • Heated glass bed with a fairly new Gizmodorks PEI surface
  • Traxxas Arms.
  • Possibly the entire frame, with all printed parts.
  • Printed parts include 90deg braces, parts for flying extruder, bed mount+clips, hotend mount, squash ball feet.
  • The bed has cork cut to shape underneath for insulation.
  • Wiring and endstop switches - especially if you take the whole frame as-is without deconstruction
  • might be flexible on the Trianglelabs v6 clone hotend + 4010 axial fan + 2x 4010 radial parts coolers, since those are kind of custom for this build.
  • come to think of it, I’d need to deconstruct the frame the take the kysan N17 steppers off … so maybe I’m flexible on those depending on what you want.

The parts near heated elements like bed and hotend are PETG. The others are PLA or occasionally PETG.

I realize there are much better deltas on the commercial market out there. This one was mostly a learning experience for me, and I used it to get familiar with Marlin, Klipper, and 3D printing in general.

It’s presently in working condition with Klipper and Mainsail on a SKR mini e3 1.2 + Raspi 3b. With the cooling/fan config I designed, it’s more like 180mm diameter printing radius x 200+mm H. Maybe more, but I tend to be conservative.

I planned to use some of this gear for a Voron v0.1 or a foam cutter of some kind. But I’d hate to just sit on a delta frame if someone would be interested in it.

If all you wanted was the aluminum delta-specific parts, I’d probably ask $75. Full frame, and mechanical motion for ~$150. I don’t know what I’d ask for the whole printer yet, so I’ll wait until someone’s interested.

5 Likes