Paper Pieced or String Quilting Class

Posting to see if their is any interest. Would anyone be interested in a quilting class to make an artistic paper pieced quilt? Im posting examples of my quilts but would chose a beginner friendly design for the class.

The other option for a class would be a fun one that throws all the quilting rules (and rulers) out the window. A string quilt made from scraps. Also including an example.

If there is enough interest I might be convinced to do classes for both styles.

If you are a beginner and want to dive into the deep end of quilting I dont mind taking the time to show you the paper piecing. Just know and prepare for the fact its challenging! You might enjoy the string quilt option more.

6 Likes

I would be interest in paper piecing. I have everything just haven’t gotten around to teaching myself

2 Likes

That would be wonderful. I would so look forward to seeing what you come up with and what people make. Ok, all you people that are ready for classes, please get behind this. I love classes and would be there myself to take it but … husband has had some setbacks. Go quilters!!!

4 Likes

I’m a beginner quilter but I might enjoy the string quilt class if time worked out. I took the class that @NicoleR did to make a nine-patch block quilt. Since then, I have made another quilt (split nine-patch) at home that’s about twin size. I think the paper pieced one would be interesting to do but I’m not sure I’m ready for that.

1 Like

Either or both! I’ve done a bit of paper piecing but not string quilt.

2 Likes

I would be interested in a string quilt

2 Likes

Should I move this to the Textiles category?

3 Likes

I second that and went ahead and moved it to Textiles.

1 Like