Oxy/acetylene torch

Anyone going to be around the metal shop today (Sunday May 5) that could show me how to use the oxy/acetylene torch (assuming it’s in working condition)? I’m certified in the metal shop but never used the torch. I need to get an old truck door hinge real hot in order to get the stubborn rusty pin out (my propane torch isn’t doing the trick). Thanks!

2 Likes

Hi! Anyone going to be around today to quickly show me how to use the torch? Thanks!

1 Like

I’m not sure if there’s an authorization class required to use the O/A torch but I Believe the should be. Acetylene is something that can cause very bad things to happen is not used with care. If I was going to be up there I would help you with your hinge, and hopefully somebody else can, but I don’t think it’s something somebody should just be turned loose with.

Agreed. I dont want to just wing it the first time with something like that!

1 Like

I don’t have anything I need to do really but I could go ahead and rip down a few boards I need to rip down, so I could meet you there later today. I think I’m helping get some tires put on at 13:45 but if you can work around that, I can help.

I can be there around 12:15-12:30 after kid soccer game. I can also come later after your tire errand (please don’t make special trip to the space just for this though). Thanks!

1 Like

Better wait until later. 16:00?

Sounds good

2 Likes