Owl and flycatcher houses up

Got them up on solid, old utility poles; going to add raccoon guards next trip out. Barred owl house is insulated. The other is a Great Crested Flycatcher house. Not a common bird here but had one nest in a screech owl house a few years ago, and I wanted to offer appropriate housing.

I’ve been enjoying making birdhouses at MakeICT…

5 Likes

Have you tried any bat houses?

4 Likes

They look really great @Jesse. Good luck with attracting birds. Hopefully they will fill up and be used.
@cathyb I think it would be fun to have a bat house too. I see bats in summer around my house so they have to be roosting around here somewhere.

2 Likes

It wouldn’t have to be this fancy, either.

5 Likes

OMG @David That’s a real throwback pic.
You’re right, a bat house doesn’t really need to be that fancy, unless the Joker or any of those types is lurking somewhere nearby.

2 Likes

Some years back a friend and I went to the Toy and Action Figure Museum in Pauls Valley, OK - it’s worth the visit if you find yourself in the area!

4 Likes

That’s cool. I didn’t know they had such a thing in OK. So, did you get to talk to the President? LOL

1 Like

Bat and Robin houses are on my list!

1 Like

somewhere I have plans for a bat house - will let you know when I run across them if you would like a copy

2 Likes

hahaha @Jesse gotta have a Robin house if you’re gonna have a Bat house.

1 Like

There is the Bat Conservation International, that has all kinds of info about bats, and they have plans for a correct type of bat house.
Designing Better Bat Houses - Bat Conservation International
That might be a fun project to do.

4 Likes