Outdoor Christmas Ornaments

I just got hired as the Executive Director of the Mulvane Community Foundation. One of their major projects is the Community Christmas Tree. They normally purchase bulk ornaments from a discount store for the community to decorate and place on the tree, they get new ornaments yearly. The community members can reclaim their ornament when the tree is removed. I’d like to make a proposal that we laser cut approximately 6x6 ( ~128 per 4x8 sheet) ornaments from MDF with little to no engraving. Anyone have an idea of the time it will take? I’d like to propose we offer a stipend for cutting and want to make sure it’s doable with our budget. Any incite would be greatly appreciated. I plan on putting a finish on the ornaments once they are returned.

3 Likes

Have any particular designs in mind? Otherwise I should have time tomorrow to plop a couple in lightburn and see.

I’m not thinking very complicated so they have space to paint. Here are some sample images I found.

tree
bell

Also found this DIY Christmas Ornament Patterns, Templates, Stencils (Coloring Pages) – DIY Projects, Patterns, Monograms, Designs, Templates

At 5.5" wide x 6.35" tall, the last one comes out at 1 minute, 4 seconds at 20 mm/s.

And in case you need it later, here it is cleaned up as a .svg. The outer perimeter is easy enough to ungroup and delete in lightburn.
bell

To get the more generic ball shape from that, it’s also easy to delete the three cuts while it’s ungrouped that make the bell. That shortens the laser time to 27 seconds per ornament.

3 Likes

Thank you for that information. I truly appreciate it.

Congrats on the new position.

1 Like