Orientation Meetings

Orientation meetings start on Monday. Please see the calendar for dates and times. These meetings are required for all current members before your door access will be enabled. This meeting is vital to share some important information with you, as well as get your familiar with your new home.

Please checkout the calendar. We have a wide variety of dates and times available. Please fill these classes, as we have many members to get through and need all orientations finished before the end of the year. We will be starting Maker Mondays in January, and want to be sure that all of our existing members have been authorized before we start those.

We also need you to login to WildApricot and update your profile. Make sure your existing information is current, as well as fill out the new fields. We ask that you to have this done before your orientation meeting.

Thanks everyone, looking forward to seeing you all.

3 Likes

The link to update your Wild Appricot profile is in the class discription as well as in a pinned post in Inner Workings.

1 Like

Tomorrow’s 6:00 meeting is full, but there is tons of room in all of the remaining classes. Please sign up. Again, we need to fill these classes in order to get everyone through.

Sending out an email to all active members with this information and links to all the orientation sessions would probably be a good idea.

3 Likes

I would love to come to the informational meetings, but I am not going to do so, anytime in the foreseeable future due to Covid. Certainly not in the next month, as the pandemic rages through our community. And certainly not inside of any building.
I assume you have an alternate plan for those that are not comfortable with the planned orientation meetings. Please advise.
Gail Fisher

1 Like

I expect the best plan is just to wait until the situation clears up and you’re comfortable in the building with others. We’ll still be here, so no worries.

1 Like

Thanks to all of those members who have been through Orientation so far. We had a lot of members sign up, but still have a lot to go. Please check out the calendar and find a class that will work for you. we have a few setup for this week, and will be posting others soon.

Please remember, you need to complete this orientation in order to activate your door access in the new building.

Also, regardless of when you take the orientation, please take a few minutes to sign into your MakeICT profile at https://makeict.wildapricot.org/ and make sure that your information is accurate and complete. It is very helpful if you have already completed this data before you attend your orientation meeting.

1 Like

Just to let you know, there are only 2 people signed up for tonight’s orientation, and nobody signed up for tomorrow’s. We need people to sign up. We have scheduled 16 sessions so far, and only planning on about 4 more. If you do not attend one of these meetings, you will be required to attend a regular new member orientation, which will not start until sometime in January. Those orientations will be much longer. Your badge will not be activated until you attend an orientation.

Come on folks, we need your cooperation. We want to get you into the space to start making. You have had a long enough delay.

2 Likes

Thanks for hosting these. I am currently in quarantine, but will sign up for one if there are any more available after the 18th.

1 Like

Looking at the calendar, I don’t see any Orientation classes available on the schedule to lock in some time to get this done. Will there be additional classes added before end of the year?

I’m 86.75309% sure more are on their way. But just to make sure I’ll start annoying Paula and Jai till they are on there.

There is one tonight that only has 3 people signed up. We are looking at 4 more classes, but those have not been scheduled at this time.

If you can let me know when these classes are to be scheduled I’ll go ahead and confirm my attendance. Thank you!

There is one tonight that only has 3 people signed up.

I’m not seeing it on today’s calendar, only yesterday-and-before orientations. Was today’s cancelled?

It appears to have been disabled in Wild Apricot and removed from the calendar. I haven’t heard anything from @Paula or @jpalschauhan or @Membership as to why.

I don’t know what’s going on, either. I plan to be there around 10

I’m sure it’s a weird technical glitch. Probably something in WA.

I got an email last night saying the new member orientation for today was cancelled because of a Covid risk

Ok,

So there is a small covid risk that took place. A few key members are quarantined until we get our poop in a group. We appreciate your patience, but we would rather have you healthy. Please stand by.

The community we have built here is our most prized asset. You guys have such deep knowledge, creativity and curiosity and are literally the soul of MakeICT. To loose one of you is difficult for us, to think that our negligence caused it is devastating. So if we seem overly cautious remember we have state and county regulations to navigate and we are trying to protect our community (which B U).

We will have reorientation classes back on the schedule as soon as we can.

2 Likes

Two people showed up for the class. I gave one a tour who had never been here before. I apologized to them both and sent them home. They said they didn’t get an email.

1 Like