Open Streets Deadline August 30th, 2019

For our event to be included in OpenStreets marketing we must submit it by August 30th. I will be happy to do this just get me your info.

https://openstreetsict.com/partners/vendors

1 Like

We will be able to do the pen lathe, and David mentioned a wheel being out there, I believe? Or something else intriguing to watch… Anyone willing to do some projects on the wheel?

1 Like

When is the event itself?

I’d be willing to throw things on the wheel for people to watch the day of the event!

2 Likes

I think this sounds strange to those people reading this who have no background in pottery or ceramics.

3 Likes

September 22nf

September 22nd, noon-5

As we are doing tours, we might want to have people working on things in each area with projects they’ve done in the past, too!!

I’ve asked Steve if he can make some of his super sweet latching boxes during the event on the laser cutter. We’ll see what he says!

Took me a bit but I eventually figured out they were talking about the pottery wheel. :slight_smile:

Thanks Malissa!
This is one of the last times we will be able to use our current and very visible location as a marketing tool for new members and just getting out our name to the general public. We need to optimize the location while we have it.
Thanks again
Gail

1 Like

Is that going to mess up Heather’s beginning knitting class?

1 Like

I’ll let her know Thanks

Just change the title of the class to Noisy Knitting and you’re all set!

1 Like

Malissa, I will volunteer to come down for the afternoon and turn some toy tops for kids. I will provide the wood and tools. If both lathes are committed, I will find one that I can bring.

1 Like

I can’t promise to be there but I’m going to try. If I do I promise it will be Jamesish and probably dangerous.

Likely not radioactive though so there is that.

1 Like

It’s going to be a micro maker faire at MakeICT for Open Streets with Exploration Place joining us for the fun. I will submit a description to Open Streets on August 29th. I will post here for feed back. Textiles will be making scrunchies.

It’s a Micro Maker Faire at the Makerspace. Come tour our space which includes ceramics, metal shop, wood shop, electronics and rapid prototype, 3D printers, jewelry making, screen printing, textiles studio, and laser printers. See demonstrations on wood turning and pottery wheel. Get involved with hands on activities in textiles and screen printing. Some activities may require registration. Exploration Place will be on-hand as well.

With no objections I’ll be submitting this evening.

It’s a Maker Street Fair at the Makerspace. Come tour our space which includes ceramics, metal shop, wood shop, electronics and rapid prototyping, 3D printers, jewelry making, screen printing, textiles studio, and laser printers. See multiple demonstrations and get involved with hands-on activities. Some activities may require registration see Makeict.org/calendar . Exploration Place will be on-site with a fun hands-on activity, as well.

please change to:
electronics and rapid prototyping

please change to:
hands-on

please change to:
on-site

Thanks!