Old connectors

On the shelves in the lab, I see boxes of old capacitors, resistors, knobs, etc. I’m wondering if anyone has seen a box of old connectors? Male and female, two, three, four pin and up. If someone has seen such a thing, I may try to dig deeper in the old components to find it.

I’m restoring an old machine and thought there may be a chance that I might find a salvaged connector in the lab that matches the originals. I can order modern replacements through Digikey but I thought I might exhaust this route first.

Thanks.

1 Like

What type?

···

On Sat, Jan 13, 2024, 18:10 Brian Wiles via MakeICT Forum <noreply@talk.makeict.org> wrote:

| thephantombrain MakeICT Member
January 14 |

• | - |

On the shelves in the lab, I see boxes of old capacitors, resistors, knobs, etc. I’m wondering if anyone has seen a box of old connectors? Male and female, two, three, four pin and up. If someone has seen such a thing, I may try to dig deeper in the old components to find it.

I’m restoring an old machine and thought there may be a chance that I might find a salvaged connector in the lab that matches the originals. I can order modern replacements through Digikey but I thought I might exhaust this route first.

Thanks.

Visit Topic or reply to this email to respond.

To unsubscribe from these emails, click here.

1 Like

Got any Molex 39530-0002 connectors in Electronics around by any chance?

1 Like

Molex 2 position 1.45" pitch. Looks like this. I need the male and female. They arent that expensive on digikey so no biggie if there’s none around. Thanks

1 Like

Y’all are molex fans nowadays eh?

I can’t place any except the six pin white we have up there. I’ll see about adding some to the next parts order.

2 Likes

The 39530-0002 are what make the Prusa 3D printers happy :smiley:

2 Likes

@gemma, I have some connectors that look like that. I’ll have to check the size.

3 Likes