Nodes not closed for fill in design

Anyone run into this issue with lasercutter designs before? I’ve been trying to follow the instructions to fix it in inkscape but end up messing the design up proper. “Alt-J” in lightburn seems to do nothing to fix it.

1 Like

If you’re around this evening, we can take a look at it during CAD group.

2 Likes

Was this solved? I might be able to help too. I didn’t see this post until now.

1 Like

Not yet! I haven’t had a chance to look at it tonight but I could probably be on site tomorrow evening

The earliest I’d be available is Saturday afternoon. I the meantime, I think I solved my problem by creating a new segment, overlaying it with the other path and using union to make it a single path. Either that or overlapping the path with itself and unioning, maybe? Seems like it was something like that.

1 Like

Yay brute force method!!

Right on - sorry I was not available for Saturday Evening. I will attempt to do the “new segment” style and see where that gets me. I have a local copy of lightburn I set up with a dummy laser to let me know if I was successful or not lol

1 Like

Going to mark this tenatively solved as I believe I have found a solution. Since my design has a lot of bezier lines in it that I did not want “cut” I thought I had to run those as a “fill”. Lightburn correctly told me that it could not, in fact, fill lots of lines. It was however perfectly happy in running those as a “line”. They may not be the fattest lines but they can easily be widened later with a wood burner or dremel. Will test the theory tomorrow but on the dummy laser I got zero complaints about closed shapes.

You can select the bezier lines and go to the Stroke tool to widen the stroke.

2 Likes