Newbee - Mike Lacy

Hello! My Name is Mike Lacy. I am a retired semiconductor eningeering materials & fabrication guy (Making CPU chips, memory chips, and other MEMS devices). I moved to Wichita in 2018 to help a local smalI company expand their products. I joined Make ICT primarily to focus on some woodshop and metalshop projects on my “todo” list. I plan on doing a lot of learning and asking a lot of questions.

I would also like to give back…and on that front I have been a hobby photographer for 40+ years and can help anyone out in need of project images / videos or teaching some best ways use your camera (fancy to phone) to do that for yourselves.

I hope to get to know this Maker community and have some fun.

Mike

8 Likes

Welcome Mike! Would you be interested in teaching some classes on photography, like basics for total newbies and maybe advanced if there’s interest? I know you can charge whatever you like for the classes you teach, and I would be totally interested in learning more about cameras and what all goes into it!

Also out of curiosity, what kind of projects were you wanting to do on your to-do list? I’m just nosy lol.

1 Like

thanks.

Teaching a class on photography basics would be fun. Happy to do that if there is interest.

My “todo” list is a bit eclectic…

woodshop…
custom electric bass guitar
custom espresso puck prep tool
spice rack customized to fit my pantry space
bicycle racks (might move to metalshop)

metal shop…
metal yard art / anti geese metal dog silouttes
smokeless wood fire pit
bicycle touring trailer

well that should paint a picture. Haha

Mike

4 Likes

Those sound awesome! Definitely share the stuff that you make here on the forum so we can see your hard work :grin: we have a section just for that, which reminds me that I need to actually get some of my recent stuff on there lol.