New toys!

3 new squates to use.
Happy making!

6 Likes

Those are really nice, especially with all the little holes where you can place a pencil to mark a piece of wood.

1 Like

Nice! What are the inventory item numbers on them?

3 Likes

Are those woodpeckers?

2 Likes

Temu
Knockoffs, there is a fourth square around that wasn’t quite 90° but should be fixable. 3/4 aint bad!

2 Likes

I thought at first glance they were Woodpeckers too, but when I looked closer, I believe the color of red is wrong. As long as they are accurate, or accurate enough, who needs a high dollar name brand.

@squarenuts your “3/4 aint bad!” comment made me smile and got a song going in my head. LOL

1 Like

I’ve never considered having to check to see that a square is actually square. Like I buy a tool it should do the one thing it literally is named for.

1 Like

That’s exactly why any new item should be checked. Even high dollar stuff can be damaged by UPS and not perform like it’s supposed to.

1 Like

I actually made this purchase as a bit of an experiment on Temu tools. The price is unbeatable, and youtube reviews seemed mostly positive.

Still, lemons happen everywhere.

That said, I check every square I can before purchase. The last time I bought a speed square there was only one in the box of 15+ squares that met my standards, and that was a name brand (Empire?) square.

I even hear that precision manufacturers, namely Starrett, squares aren’t what they used to be. All of my personal Starrett scales and squares (all used) are dead on with one exception (the only one bought new), a self adhesive table saw scale that varied over 1/16" under and over along it’s fifty some inches (undoubtedly the Starrett name had been licensed to some other manufacturer in this instance).

3 Likes