New to Wichita and New to the Space

Hello All!

My name is Jacob Dipietro, and I’m a new resident to Wichita. I moved for work, Aerospace Engineer at a Tier 2 manufacturing company supporting all the big Airplane companies.

I was looking into some hobbies and wonderfully stumbled onto your makerspace and instantly fell in love. To be frank, you have it all and the pool table is just the cherry on top.

I plan to be around and have an idea to make a game/crafts table for my apartment as one of my first projects but also plan to be trying out pottery wheel turning sometime soon too. I also would love to take a welding class.

Generally, I have experience in metal work and woodworking. My interests span baiscally everything in the space, from pottery to electronics.

Community wise, I have already been to one of the board game nights, and plan to continue attending those. So you should see me there this weekend.

I have experience with safety management of machine spaces and have taught students how to safely operate machines before. That was for manual mill and lathe, as well as a bit of CNC. I doubt I’m more experienced in that than those of you here, but am willing and happy to help!

Thank you for being so welcoming and I look forward to making with you all in the future!

9 Likes

What’s up!

Welcome to the community!

Super! Sounds like you are a great fit for our space. We must talk game table builds sometime. I have been wanting for a while to design a table for the rec room at the space.

1 Like

Yeah, I mentioned that to the game group this last weekend. Seems like there is some interest in making something. I’m not super familiar with table design, but have seen some good plans on the internet for a variety of game tables.

1 Like

Awesome intro!
Welcome to the group!
Please post projects on here if you are willing.
Would love to see your work.
Helps inspire others!

1 Like