New (to us) metalshop equipment!

I know a few people have been asking for a bigger sandblaster as well as a bigger powder coat oven….

Collins Aerospace decided to help us out with that problem by donating both of those.

We have not tested out either machine yet, but they do look to be significantly more industrial than what we are currently running. (Not pictured) the gun for the sandblaster is pretty rediculous, you might as well be swinging around a fire hose in that box. Meanwhile, the new powder coating oven should be able to handle parts that can fit in a 40in x 40in x 40in box!

Again, we need to test the equipment, but I hope this takes care of the size limitations a few members were fighting.

There may be some more rearranging yet to come and consolidating of scrap metal (if the green over works well enough, it may end up getting moved to where the red tool carts are).

11 Likes

Love it, Fyi on large sandblasting guns they normally require large scfm in the 40+ range. The compressor in the shop now will not handle that for more than 20secs before it drains out of air. I have not seen the gun or set up but just throwing that out there.

3 Likes

I haven’t seen it yet either but we may be able to change the orifice and nozzle to work better with what we have.

I may have to make a 40" by 40" by 40" metal box to powder coat now

···

On Sat, May 13, 2023, 00:46 David Hanson via MakeICT Forum <noreply@talk.makeict.org> wrote:

| whateg01
May 13 |

• | - |

I haven’t seen it yet either but we may be able to change the orifice and nozzle to work better with what we have.

Visit Topic or reply to this email to respond.

In Reply To

| Pinbot MakeICT Member
May 13 |

• | - |

Love it, Fyi on large sandblasting guns they normally require large scfm in the 40+ range. The compressor in the shop now will not handle that for more than 20secs before it drains out of air. I have not seen the gun or set up but just throwing that out there.

Visit Topic or reply to this email to respond.

To unsubscribe from these emails, click here.

3 Likes