New Textiles Classes for 2022

I’m thinking of revamping or adding classes. What types of textile classes are you looking for in 2022? What would you pay per hour for group classes with 5 or less people?

2 Likes

I would participate in a rug tufting class if you had one! I am wanting to create shag wall hangings in bright colors.

1 Like

We have a frame and the manual shuttles or guns not exactly sure what they are called. I’ve been wanting to learn to do this myself. Maybe we can work on it together after Christmas?

1 Like

I’ve seen people do the guns. They made it look crazy easy.

But then that lady made knitting look easy… O.o

1 Like

The electric gun is expensive, around $3000 used. I’d love to play with one of those just once.

I wouldn’t mind a refresher on reading and using a pattern. It’s been a long time since the last time Grandma and I made something together.

1 Like

I was going to post this and the forum recommended this post as being a similar topic. Here’s my two cents:

Hi! I attended the Makers Monday in November and in the textile room it was mentioned that there is sometimes a textiles class on making your own pattern from a garment you like. Will this class be happening anytime in the next month or so? I would love to attend. I have had fabric sitting aside for just such a project for probably over a year now and just haven’t gotten around to it. I think I’m intimidated to ruin it since I haven’t really done any sewing in years.

1 Like

I second the pattern reading idea.

1 Like

@Malissa

I usually offer it once a year, but can put it on the schedule earlier in 2022.

1 Like

Are there beginner classes offered throughout the year? I’d like to learn basic sewing to make pillows/cushions for furniture builds.

1 Like

do teach beginners sewing and know your sewing machine though out the year. I have had pillow classes in the past. I’m happy to host those classes again. I’m also considering scheduling private lessons through my website. Family issues have prevented me from scheduling anything this month. Hoping for a better situation in February.

1 Like