New! Stained Glass classes starting soon!

Get ready folks; Stained Glass Classes coming soon to MakeICT!! We have a new instructor looking to see what kind of interest can be generated for these classes:

1. Introduction to Stained Glass will feature the Foil (Tiffany) method for construction. Students will learn the skills and techniques needed to design and build your first project right in the class and a second project of the student’s choosing.

2. Advanced Stained Glass will feature the Lead Came (Classical) method for construction. Students will learn the skills and techniques needed to design and build your first project right in the class as well as a second project of the student’s choosing.

3. Stained Glass Repair and Restoration (SGR&R) will focus on fixing that lamp shade you broke when you were eleven years old. Uncle Raymond has not spoken to you since . . . This is the type of course many people are secretly looking for, but don’t normally find.

Please respond with your desire as to which class(es) you would want to take so that we have an idea of how many people might be interested. Now is your opportunity to let us know what you want within MakeICT !!!

11 Likes

This sounds like fun! I would be interested in the beginner class if I’m available when it is offered.
Thank you for putting this class together.

1 Like

Thank you for your response! Please watch the Forum and Calendar for something starting up at the end of this month! See you then.

Timothy

···

On Fri, May 3, 2024 at 9:45 PM MH via MakeICT Forum <noreply@talk.makeict.org> wrote:

| Skeet100 MakeICT Member
May 4 |

• | - |

This sounds like fun! I would be interested in the beginner class if I’m available when it is offered.
Thank you for putting this class together.

Visit Topic or reply to this email to respond.

To unsubscribe from these emails, click here.

2 Likes

I guess I might as well reiterate my interest here. Thanks!

1 Like

Thank you for your interest and support. I am excited to be able to contribute!

···

On Sat, May 4, 2024, 09:43 Aaron Rivers via MakeICT Forum <noreply@talk.makeict.org> wrote:

| squarenuts Vice President and Woodshop Area Lead
May 4 |

• | - |

I guess I might as well reiterate my interest here. Thanks!

2 Likes

Where will these classes be conducted? Is this just going to be a class or is there a space set up to come in and work on our own projects?

2 Likes

The class will have lab time with the class, and access to a workbench 24/7. Room assignment has not been made yet.

Thank you for your interest! Hope to see you in class soon.

Timothy

···

On Sat, May 4, 2024, 21:52 Nicole Reid via MakeICT Forum <noreply@talk.makeict.org> wrote:

| NicoleR MakeICT Member
May 5 |

• | - |

Where will these classes be conducted? Is this just going to be a class or is there a space set up to come in and work on our own projects?

3 Likes

I would be interested in the Introduction to Stained Glass class.

3 Likes

Greetings !

If all goes according to plan, the classes should be on the calendar in the next couple of weeks. Be sure to tell your friends! Thank you !

Timothy

···

On Mon, May 6, 2024, 15:02 ADRIA L MCKAY via MakeICT Forum <noreply@talk.makeict.org> wrote:

| AMcKay
May 6 |

• | - |

I would be interested in the Introduction to Stained Glass class.

3 Likes

Hi Timothy - I have done stained glass before but not for years. I’d like to do all three classes and I probably have some tools still…. Lynne - member

2 Likes

I also think this would be super cool

2 Likes

Fantastic! Most excellent. We will have tools available at MakeICT for you to use so you won’t have to drag your own in.

Keep your eye on the calendar for the launch!

Thank you. Timothy

···

On Thu, May 9, 2024, 15:54 Lynne Crawford via MakeICT Forum <noreply@talk.makeict.org> wrote:

| Lcrawford
May 9 |

• | - |

Hi Timothy - I have done stained glass before but not for years. I’d like to do all three classes and I probably have some tools still…. Lynne - member

2 Likes

Keep an eye on the calendar; should launch soon!

Thank you,
Timothy

···

On Thu, May 9, 2024, 21:25 Paul via MakeICT Forum <noreply@talk.makeict.org> wrote:

| shack MakeICT Member
May 10 |

• | - |

I also think this would be super cool

2 Likes

Interested in refreshing skills.

1 Like

Super! Keep an eye out on the calendar in the next few weeks for the classes being scheduled. Thank you for your response!

Timothy

···

On Sun, May 12, 2024, 10:58 Lisa Madden via MakeICT Forum <noreply@talk.makeict.org> wrote:

| Limadden
May 12 |

• | - |

Interested in refreshing skills.

1 Like