New Pottery Wheel workshop series

Hello Everyone!

I’ve talked to several MakeICT members the last few months that expressed strong interest in taking a class on learning to throw on the pottery wheel. I was inspired to build a workshop series on the topic, so if this fits your desire to learn or get better at the pottery wheel, your wait is over!

There is now a 4-session (1x/week) workshop/class on the June calender covering the fundamentals of wheel throwing, with handle pulling & joining thrown in on the last day. The syllabus is structured for beginning or low time wheel potters, but anyone who wants to improve their skills at the wheel is more than welcome!

At the successful conclusion of the workshop, participants will have completed the build of a mug or similar with a handle, that can be taken on into the firing/glazing/firing process (YMMV) :smiley:.

The first session is June 8th starting at 1pm. As it’s a hands-on wheel throwing class, there are only 4 wheels in the Studio, i.e. only 4 participant slots available. If you’re thinking about it, don’t hesitate! Sign up on the calendar today !!!

MakeICT Calendar
Ceramics - Wheel Throwing Fundamentals Workshop

5 Likes

Durnburnit, thats my annual vacation camp week. I was gonna do sumpm with the wife for once.
Maybe she will join and attend.

This is a great idea and I hope you are able to offer it again. I will be gone two of the four days it is offered.

2 Likes

Thank you Mary and Teya for your interest and feedback!

Mary I do intend to offer this workshop more than once, depending how this one goes and the current and future demand/ how many sign up, but thinking not more than 3-4 times per year at most, to be able to fill the workshop slots.

I suppose next time I schedule this I’ll ask for input from interested folks on what dates, days & times of the week would work best for them and shoot for the average.

3 Likes