Needing help with a welding project

I ordered a new panel for a piece of equipment and they located the attachment clips in the wrong place. I need to remove them and reweld them in the right place with as little damage as I can get away with. I have metal shop training but I cant use the welders because I have a defibrillator. Is there anyone who can help me with this?

1 Like

How are they attached?

Fred, you could stop by CAD group tomorrow evening after 5 and pick Jimmy’s brain about it.

1 Like

They’re currently spot welded on. looks like 2 spots dead center of that clip.

Fred won’t be able to make it tonight at 5, so I’ll be coming in his stead.

If the appearance is important, I would use a spot weld cutter on the clip side then rosette weld in the new location. If extra holes in the panel are ok, it might be easier to cut the spot welds on the panel side.

They are spot welded on now. I can stop by tomorrow. Where would they be meeting?

Fred

···

On Wed, Dec 6, 2023 at 10:50 PM Gemma Blackburn via MakeICT Forum <noreply@talk.makeict.org> wrote:

| gemma MakeICT Member
December 7 |

• | - |

Fred, you could stop by CAD group tomorrow evening after 5 and pick Jimmy’s brain about it.

Visit Topic or reply to this email to respond.

To unsubscribe from these emails, click here.

1 Like

Oh sorry, I posted last last night - by tomorrow I mean today (Thursday). We might be in room 2, FabLab, or metalshop.

Fred’s account (starman12756) hasn’t been active enough his stuff has to get approvals, he posted that at 3am, it just didn’t show up for the rest of us till 9am. And he’s found out since he would not be available at that time. So I’m going to fill in for him, going to bring a sample of the material.

1 Like