Need shop bot refresher

Trying to use the shopbot tonight and despite following everything on the check sheet it immediately runs into the z access limit switch every time. I am about to murder this tool because of how frustrated I am. As such, I am giving it a rest for tonight and probably heading home.

If someone has availability either friday evening or sunday early afternoon this week who knows what to do, I would love a refresher.

Thanks,
Adam

2 Likes

I may be available Friday evening. Can you post it email me the program you are attempting to run? What cad/cam are you using? Maybe a screenshot of the item in whatever cad you are using?

1 Like

I am using fusion 360. As far as the GCode I can get that. It’s going to be a while, though.

2 Likes

It sounds like you might be forgetting to “home” it.

It’s also possible that the small block that makes contact with the z-axis has fallen off and no longer doing its job.

Hope that helps.

Doug Wilson

···

On Fri, May 3, 2024, 3:06 AM Adam Denton via MakeICT Forum <noreply@talk.makeict.org> wrote:

| K0PSK Committee Lead
May 3 |

• | - |

Trying to use the shopbot tonight and despite following everything on the check sheet it immediately runs into the z access limit switch every time. I am about to murder this tool because of how frustrated I am. As such, I am giving it a rest for tonight and probably heading home.

If someone has availability either friday evening or sunday early afternoon this week who knows what to do, I would love a refresher.

Thanks,
Adam

Visit Topic or reply to this email to respond.

To unsubscribe from these emails, click here.

2 Likes

For reference, it was all working yesterday

Did you still want to meet someone this evening to try it out?

Yes. I am in fablab right now; But, I would like to figure out how to do this.

1 Like

Ok. I am waiting on someone to drop my trailer back off then I’ll head up.

1 Like

I will be here for quite a while. No need to hurry.

2 Likes