Need help with new fabric on a pc gaming chair

My son has a gaming chair that is structurally in good shape but the fabric and foam is badly in need of replacement. If anyone has the know how and time to guide me through the process please let me know.

3 Likes

Do you have pictures of what you’re wanting to recover?

2 Likes

kinda curious how to recover things as the wife’s wheelchair armrests are cracked and not real comfy for her anymore

2 Likes

The basic aspect of recovering is wrap around, stretch, and secure. The item being covered is where it can get tricky. A seat for a kitchen chair is super easy. Remove seat, possibly remove old material (not always neccessary), add any new padding wanted, wrap in fabric, stretch out wrinkles, and secure underneath. Sonething like an office chair is more difficult because of the shape and way they are made.

2 Likes

i think the arms are removable. i did reweb and do a mid-century couch about 15 yrs ago (miss that couch) thanks for this. ill talk to mrs. p and see what she thinks as she’ll be the one using it.

2 Likes

On my desk chair the padded portion of the arm sits in a plastic frame. There are 2 screws under the arm rest, going through the plastic, that hold the padded part on. I think most are made the same way. Win some points with the wife and add some memory foam cushions for extra comfort.

3 Likes

Want to re cover the seat and back with new material and foam

1 Like

Take it apart and use the current fabic as a pattern. Hopefully the cushion below is in good shape if not your going to have to repair it with foam and reshape which isn’t quick or easy.

2 Likes

It’s also probably in sections with fabric channels between the cushions to hold the fabric to the shape of the chair. I hope that’s a good image description, if not, here’s a boat seat with one at 18 mins you’ll see what I’m talking about.

Boat Seat Upholstery Step by Step How to Upholster Boat Seats Marine Upholstery Tutorial PART ONE - YouTube

4 Likes

This chair is beyond my ability. Im going to watch @Malissa video though.

2 Likes