Need a laser head Wednesday from 6-8?

Hey makers - Wednesday Oct 26 from 6-8 pm is middle school volunteer night and I’ll be having the kids assemble some holiday ornaments for the Wichita alternative gift market - which is a very cool event in its own right that I hope is on your calendar: Wichita Alternative Gift Market: 28th annual

BUT I DIGRESS… I laser cut some crazy gear thing that they’ll be working on, and I’d love for the kids to see the laser cutter in action but I will be too busy keeping them herded. I wonder if someone else could hang out and run the laser cutter, cut out the stuff I’ve got designed so a few middle schoolers and their parents could get them hot off the press for assembly?

Most of the parents at our last night had never seen the makerspace… I have a double agenda for everything. Get the kids their service hours but also teach them about the world of making and get some stuff done for the space (did you see the drawer labels in electronics? YESSS!)

7 Likes

I can do this instead of sorting fabric. I still haven’t gotten in to get that situation under control.

1 Like