Need a 3D Print done and authorization

I have a quick project - a little box probably less than 2x3x1" I need to have printed. I have the STL file and although I’ve owned both a Prusa and an Ender printer, I no longer have either one. I’m not checked out on ours in the FabLab.

I’ll be more than happy to pay for the filament used, and participate in the printing. Perhaps I could get checked out and “authorized” by someone who is experienced and authorized. (I’ll be happy to bring coffee and donuts if that helps.)

The “inconvenient” part is, I would like to get this done this upcoming weekend, if possible.

Please e-mail me if you can help out: randy.reynard@makeict.org

1 Like

Looking forward to seeing you on Sunday at noon! Since you already have Prusa and PrusaSlicer experience, we’ll get ya set up and “peer authorized” per the FabLab Access Policy! We’ll follow up with @xrunner to get the authorization recorded!

If anyone else is interested in getting some 3D Printer slice and print time in, come join us!

@DanS, interested in another Sunday Fun Day?!

3 Likes

Sounds great…

With any luck I’ll have the electronic adapter that has to go IN the box ready to go. It’s just a matter of soldering in a couple of wires and a resistor, so should be a cakewalk. It’s a simple protocol converter so my Heil communications headset will work with my SDR radio.

Randy

3 Likes

@bradcozine I wish I could, but weekends are usually tied up for me…not always, but most of the time I’m busy with other things.

1 Like

heck, I’ll come out for a repeat of sunday fun day!

I REALLY need to make that donor sign for star lumber which means I have to attempt to use the vinyl cutter for the first time in like three years, wish me luck!

If the sign works out I’ll want to pry one off our wall for placement which will be its own level of awesome.

4 Likes

@ssaner had the vinyl cutter running recently - Steve, it’s short notice, but are you available Sunday to help out?

If anyone else wants to come out and ask 3D printing questions and get authorized, please do! I’ll also bring a stack of the step-by-step handouts from the basics class if anyone would like a copy.

3 Likes

Eh, unless there’s weird troubleshooting that has to happen I think I can get it from the wiki pretty easily. Steve’s welcome to come out for fun but I won’t complain if I’m on my own.

If I can’t get it to work then, well, I’ll use the tools I have!

1 Like

@kim

I look forward to meeting you, Price (my son) speaks highly of you.

Randy Reynard

2 Likes

I will plan to come and learn how to use it!
Thank you

2 Likes

It’s great to see all this Fab Lab Collab(oration)!

3 Likes

I have the electronic adapters that I need the housing made for ready to go and tested. I just hope we can all get there tomorrow. We have over 6" of snow out here in Goddard…

1 Like

We could always move it a little later if we’re worried about snow but I’m still good to come out. It’s supposed to be above freezing tomorrow.

2 Likes

I spent the last 32 years in Colorado. The snow we’ve had the last 24 hours is just a “dusting” back there. I just don’t want anyone to put themselves in a dangerous position. Come if you feel safe doing so, stay home if you don’t. The first snow storm of every season brings out the worst drivers (and weeds them out of the driving pool).

I’ll be there in all my glory… A little snow doesn’t slow me down.

Randy

1 Like

I’ve shoveled and “blown” 8.5" of snow from my sidewalks, the back deck and part of the driveway. The city has left a big snow-berm at the end of the driveway, but I think my 4WD pickup truck will blast right through that.

What I’m saying is, "It’s a beautiful, bright, Colorado kind of morning here in S. Central KS. and I’m looking forward to seeing you at noon at MakeICT.

Randy

Just get up to ramming speed…

…I will be there super close to noon with some hot pizzas and some hot chocolate for whoever braves the snow!

NOM NOM NOM!!

2 Likes

Thanks to Brad for the instruction and Gemma for the authorization, and Kim for the ‘moral support’. It was great working with y’all today.

It was a simple project that came out perfectly for my purposes:

Another useful reason to be a member at MakeICT!

Randy Reynard

4 Likes

Thanks for the pizza Brad!

My vinyl cutting adventures went mostly fine, I remembered a lot of it. I don’t feel “teach a class” ready yet, but maybe if folks have projects that they want to cut out I could mentor a little bit until I get the workflow in my head.

3 Likes

It was fun to see a room full of people all making different stuff!

Wednesday, 12/6 at 6pm is the next FabLab Workday meeting. We’re going to talk machine maintenance and area organization - so please come out and join us if you can. Tagging @r3mm13 and @starman12756 who were there today as well.

4 Likes

I’ll try to make it Wednesday, but we might want to look at Mario’s lens and air assist. When I used it last week, someone had tried to fix a break on the assist with painters tape, which also failed. I simply unscrewed the nozzle and removed the stuck bit o’ tube to allow it to seat properly, but the tube seemed dirty and brittle, and I have a hunch the lens got some goobers because it still cut slower than normal.

2 Likes