Nation of Makers Conference Bid 2020 and 2021

Hi all, I missed the call on January 22. Are we up to the short deadline? February 28th

https://www.nomcon.org/host/

As I am working lots of overtime and busy in the art community my free time is limited, but I’m willing to lose sleep to help put Wichita on the Makers Map.

I will have an answer today if Visit Wichita is onboard.

Visit Wichita is in. I will be at the space Friday evening and possibly Saturday.

I should have a meeting with them on Friday. We mostly need to drum up support letters. In-Kind donations and volunteer hours would be a plus to include in those letters we will be bidding on both year.

I’m meeting Heather at 1PM at the space, if anyone wants to join in.

I need your help, if you own a small business or are a maker in the Wichita area, I need letters of recommendation to bring the Nation of Makers Conference to Wichita in 2020 or 2021.Visit Wichita is a partner with MakeICT on this. Anyone willing to volunteer or have donations in-kind would be a plus. Letters recommending and showing support for Wichita to host this event can be sent to malissa@makeict.org as an attachment. Thanks in advance. I need letters by Feb 26th.

Here is the notes from the bid call January 31st

Just an update Visit Wichita met with National of Makers at the end of January. Our bid is still current, and they will make a decision by the end of March or early April…