My Intro

Hello all! I’m Terry. New to the area, just bought a house in Derby. Moved here from Lansing/ Leavenworth Kansas. Retired U.S. Army. Found a new passion in wood working. Looking for wood shop courses in design, tools and gain more skill. Any help will be happily accepted.

Thanks

9 Likes

Welcome to Make Terry

Thank you

McConnell AFB has a wonderful auto hobby shop. Lots to see in do in and around Wichita - might run into you one of these days! You’ve found a great group of people in MakeICT - enjoy!

1 Like

Heck yea!

I’m a vet myself. Was stationed at landstuhl. And I know a few good fishing spots around tonganoxie.

Welcome!

1 Like

I’ve been on McConnell but haven’t had the chance to see what all they have for MWR. Thanks for that.

I’ve been to Landstul was stationed at Katterbach. Thanks

Rhein Main!

Welcome Terry!

Thank you

Welcome Terry

Thank you @michelle

Welcome! Take the woodshop Safety course and the Hazardous Materials course, if you haven’t done so already. They take the Lathe Safety Course. Space available this Saturday.

John – Turning wood into round things is my Maker Super Power.

Is there a sign up, time start and end and cost for the course? Do I have to be a member yet?

After digging I found the calendar to answer all my previous questions, however, it has Wood Lathe Safety Authorization Class. In the description of the wood lathe safety auth class it states Woodshop Safety Authorization is Required. Is that a requirement prior to the lathe class? If so when is the Woodshop Safety Authorization class so I can move forward? I couldn’t find it on the calendar

Welcome