Mushrooms

My wife and I have tried those little boxes that you grow mushrooms out of and while they are cute we want more. We decided to go into into a larger set up these are my jars ready for inoculation.

I plan to post more photos here on my progress.
I plan on having at least 3 buckets with mushrooms growing out of them stacked on top of each other.

5 Likes

Cant believe this ol’ thing still seals it was moms from when I was a kid

She probably had no idea you could sterilize mushroom spawn incubators with it lol!

3 Likes

Futher down the rabbit hole I go lol!

4 Likes

I’m interested to see your progress.

And perhaps take a course on this, if you decide to teach one.

1 Like

No plans to do a course but i will post progress on here in the future if i remember

That is fascinating!

This one I am experimenting with i just chopped up white oyster mushrooms and tossed about a half cup in sterlized container. Its looking like it should.
The other 5 i inoculated with pink oyster mushroom liquid spores syringe I bought from Florida to soon too tell if they survived transport in this heat.

2 Likes

That makes you a fun guy.

3 Likes

Sorry, just being psilly…

3 Likes

David you are so punny! lol

My mycelium was ready in my grain spawn so I loaded 2 -5 gallon buckets today with the substate and grain spawn
There are many ways to make substrate I used 20lb bag of oak smoker pellets 10lbs of dry rice.5 gallons warm water.
The pellets almost instantly turned to oak sawdust. I layered about 3 inchs in bucket and put a layer of grain spawn in then repeat to the top.

Mist 2x daily till it starts pinning hopfully it will develop in a few weeks will update

2 Likes

This is my portobello mushroom grow bed mycelium is looking great!

4 Likes

Just an update my mushrooms have not started pinning yet getting frustrated because i have a lot of mycelium growth inside buckets I mist 2x a day.
Has anybody had experience growing food mushrooms? Tips?

1 Like