Mowing tomorrow!

If it doesn’t rain, and if someone doesn’t do so today; I’ll be down to mow the yard and courtyard at 8am. Woohoo!

P.S. Please beat me to it :wink:

7 Likes

Does the Maker space own a drag bar of some kind that the mower could handle? I’m thinking some kind of small box blade to dress up the parking lot gravel. The pot holes are getting pretty bad.

3 Likes

Not to my knowledge, but I have heard talk that the potholes are becoming a priority

2 Likes

Just thinking the riding mower might be capable of dragging something around but I didn’t have any real answers. Thanks for mowing anyway!

3 Likes

Drag bar?
drag bar

6 Likes

The times I’ve filled potholes in the parking lot, it’s taken more than a shovel full to do so. Any kind of implement that is going to fill the holes is going to have to be able to drag a lot of material from somewhere else and nothing that heavy is going to pull well behind a light weight lawn mower on a gravel (I know it’s actually millings, but the loose stuff makes it act the same) parking lot.

Thanks @squarenuts for mowing.

@J3553.T we don’t have one. In the past, we had a member whose husband brought out his tracktor to level it. @Jaybird also worked on it last year with his. I know the rocks have broken down pretty bad as well, so I am not sure how much just moving them around will do. It might be time to have a new load delivered.

3 Likes

In a rare case of easily applicable causality my intention to mow has absolutely made it rain. You are welcome :wink:
Mowing will most likely have to wait.

5 Likes

Best way to make it rain, publicly declare intention to mow.

3 Likes

@Facilities could we get a small load of gravel brought in for filling potholes? At the farm, we would just dump it somewhere out of the way, then when needed take a few shovel fulls and use them as needed.

2 Likes