MIG Welder Needs New Tip

I was having problems with the wire getting stuck on the welding tip and I accidentally bent the tip when trying to remove some spatter. Can someone please tell/show me where the extra tips are kept and how to change it, so next time I can fix it myself?

The extra tips are locked up and are only accessible by either myself or the assistant leads.

In the future please e-mail metalshop@makeict.org letting us know something is broken and one of us will work to get it repaired.

Guys, just a comment from a wall fly… It wouldn’t be the worst idea to go on Amazon and get a pile of tips to bring with you as they are a consumable. Tips are easily destroyed by both novice AND EXPERT alike.

These are the tips for the Miller welder m-15 lead. (Hobard and Miller use the same tip and can be found at Atwoods, Tractor Supply, Orchelins, etc.)

When I am in no hurry, I order the links below. If time is an issue, I get the Amazon Prime equivalent, but that usually isn’t as cost-efficient.

THIS LINK for 0.030 wire $10.99 for 25 Tips

THIS LINK for 0.035 wire $10.99 for 25 Tips

THIS LINK for 0.045 wire $10.99 for 25 Tips

3 Likes

Great tip Jeff! :slight_smile: I will order some to have with us.

we are also running .023 mig wire until david gets the larger stuff ordered. Thus if you are using the “auto” settings you will be WAY OFF

Jimmy

This link for .023 Wire Tips

Is there some I need to order? I don’t think I’ve had a request yet.

I sent you an email a few months back, if you can’t find it or it didn’t make it let me know and i will resend it (mig wire and tips)

Thanks

Jimmy

Geez, sorry. I’ll get back with you as soon as I find someone to blame.

Hey, just wondering if anyone replaced the tip? When we were there a few days ago, it hadn’t been replaced yet. Thinking about coming down to finish our project but I don’t want to make the 40 mile trip with the trailer if it hasn’t. Thanks.

I received Jimmy’s items last week and brought them over to the metal shop. Check with @heathenfire79 (Josh), the Area Lead for the metal shop.

1 Like