May 6 Weather Outlook

Good morning MakeICT. This is just a freindly notice that todays weather outlook for this evening is looking dangerous. Please consider staying home this evening in the event of severe/tornadic storms.

If you find yourself at the space during a tornado warning, seek cover in the halls away from doors and windows. Avoid hunkering in areas/classrooms.

3 Likes

I don’t recall… Do we have signs indicating designated tornado shelter?

1 Like

We do not have signs. In the 1960s, the hallways were always designed in my school. Bathrooms or basement might be good for our small numbers of people.

2 Likes

I believe we have egress routes posted but not tornado shelter locations. All the school building’s of that era had that as the default. I will add the boiler room and crawlspaces are the lowest points in the space and probably also a good choice in the event of a warning.

1 Like

Should we formalize procedures for various situations (weather, fire, etc.)?

4 Likes

The building was designed to be a fallout shelter.

2 Likes

At very least dust off the ones we have and make ones for the maps we’re missing.

4 Likes

That’s good to know. But without signage, nobody else knows that and without signage, most wouldn’t know where to go in case of a tornado. I would probably go to the boiler room.

1 Like

I will absolutely help with making signage for this if we want to. And as a long time EM professional, the safest places are the boiler room and especially the crawl spaces.

2 Likes