Matchboxes

Im putting together a little side hustle right now and this is the prototype for one of my main product lines

10 Likes

I’m assuming these are decorative and the hearts aren’t actually a striking surface. I’m curious, what is the market for these? They are cute, but who uses them and for what?

The hearts actually are a striking surface! I plan on including matches with the box as well. Its basically just a creative way of marketing my art and designs in a fun but also functional way. I also want to offer stickers but the market is extremely saturated. Matchboxes are affordable to produce and have a good profit margin. They are also funtional which make it a more justifiable impulse buy than if I were to try selling my art as plain prints, plus people will be carrying my art with them! Of course this isnt the only product I intend to sell. Im also looking into making my own incense/incense burners, ashtrays, and potentially having my designs printed on lighters. My dad wants me to make humidors but I think thats just a tad beyond my skill level. Maybe one day!

9 Likes

St. Elmo’s fire?

1 Like

haha yeah thats just the test image for the prototype

1 Like

Tickle-Me-Elmo’s Fire

3 Likes

Cool! How did you get/make the striking surface?

2 Likes

I didn’t, you can buy sheets of match striking paper. I dont have the chemistry know-how or safe working area to attempt making matches/matchpaper, as fun as it seems. I would prefer not to accidentally burn down my house :rofl:

5 Likes