Market Signs

I have a few more to go, but I felt accomplished to have these done at least lol. They’re signs for the upcoming market in December (stares at you to sign up if you have wanted to vend :eyes::eyes::eyes::rofl:)

I’ve always loved Typography so I naturally did not shy away from making the signs by hand. Its a labor of love :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

6 Likes

Flippin’ LOVE the snowflakes! :heart_eyes:

3 Likes

The snowflakes just get lazier…and lazier…lol but I’m glad you like them :rofl: filling in all the empty space had me exhausted at that point :laughing:

1 Like

You mean you aren’t going to fill in all the other blank parts of the sign? hahaha :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Don’t put that juju on me Dan!! :rofl: no way!! That’s why the snowflakes are there LOL

2 Likes

Well, wouldn’t want to distract from the important messages anyway. :wink:
And btw, the sign looks awesome just the way it is.

1 Like

those are mighty crisp lines friend. nice job.

2 Likes

Thank you so much^^

2 Likes

wintermarket
Experimenting a little with vectorization. You can throw this in the laser cutter as-is for a neat result.

1 Like

OH I would totally re-do it digitally if I had the time and the money (for acrylic) lol! I’m much neater digitally :sweat_smile:

1 Like

It’s only a little effort to pull it from your photo/hand drawn signs fyi.

1 Like

I’m so meticulous about my lines, I couldn’t bear it lol! The “Trace Bitmap” function is never as accurate as I want it so I end up basically doing a lot of minute node work after anyway.

2 Likes

Very quick and dirty.

1 Like

No offense but I do much MUCH cleaner work digitally so the idea of my traditional stuff being engraved makes me cringe :weary: :confounded: Although if people liked it enough I could totally do engraved stuff after this one and make a sign for every seasonal market, since these flimsy paperboard ones are def not long term! But I can’t do it right now so now I’m sad, because I would love to :sob:

2 Likes

Not at all. I was just showing that if you want repeatable signs made, we could do it pretty quickly. Lines can be cleaned up, materials could be selected. The vinyl cutters could be programmed from these vector graphics as well. I just happened to be in the laser lab and there was a piece of scrap MDF sitting there.

2 Likes

True!!! And that stuff takes paint way better than I thought it would, though I would also love to do layered colors of acrylic to give it that POP! Aghh now you got me excited for something I can’t even work on right now, how dare :rofl::rofl::rofl:

1 Like

OH I dare. How dare are I? Such dare. But on a serious note, I’m around if you’d like to shortcut any process. Especially if you’d like to maker space to have this as a repeat event, or to use your signature signs for other events as well.

2 Likes