Malfunctions

Something is wrong with both of the lasers. Mario’s y axis is moving about 1/10th as fast and far as it should. Luigi’s origin is messed up as well. If you send it home it crashes into the frame, but it does work otherwise.

Disable rotary mode on Mario. It’s a slider in the bottom right panel (machine must be powered on).

When you “send it home” on Luigi, what button are you pressing?

I tried both from lightburn and the control panel. Both did the same thing.

Turning off rotary mode on Mario didn’t change anything.

For clarity, can you specify which buttons you pressed on the control panel and in Lightburn?

You’ll probably need to cancel the startup homing sequence by hitting ‘esc’ on the control panel when it powers up in order for it to connect properly. Restart the laser, hit ‘esc’ until it stops homing, then restart Lightburn and try it again. It should show a message in the bottom bar when it connects to the machine.

On Luigi I started by hitting the home button in lightburn and it crashed so I restarted it and tried to home it again my pressing the origin button on the control panel and it crashed again.

I got Mario out of the rotary mode at least. The yaxis is back to normal.

Okay. I’ll have to look at Luigi next time I’m over there. I’ve never seen it move when you hit the origin button on the control panel, that should just set the origin to the current position.

1 Like

I think that’s what I hit. It’s been a long day.

Typically esc is what sends it to the set origin point. But in any case it shouldn’t crash when you do that.